I am such a sucker for all things sweet & salty! Chocolate & nuts of any kind is just my perfect treat! I love that “Turtle” combo & you see them everywhere at this time of year! So I have been so excited to make my own this Christmas season.
- Soak 1 cup of dates in warm water for 6-8 hours.
- Once soft, drain water & place the dates in a food processor.
- Add 1 tbs coconut oil + 3 tbs oat milk + 1 tsp vanilla + sea salt.
- Blend, stopping to scrape the sides, until smooth.
- Add 1 tbs of oat milk at a time if needed or until you reach desired consistency.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 cup of chocolate. My favourite combo is 1/2 80% Camino dark bar + 1/2 Enjoy Life mini chips.
- Line a muffin pan (I chose mini pan!) & scoop approximately 1/2 tsp of chocolate into bottom of liners. You want the bottom to be covered in a thin layer.
- Drop a couple small pieces of pecans + a small scoop of date caramel into the middle of the chocolate.
- Cover or fill remainder of the cup with chocolate. Top with course sea salt if desired!
- Allow to harder in fridge or freezer.