These are one of our families favorite Christmas Cookies! I have made these for several years & have two versions to share. Wheat free (Spelt Flour) & G-free (Buckwheat + Oat Flour) but both are free of dairy, eggs & refined sugars. Perfect for any cookie platter this Christmas. Enjoy Friends!
yield: approx. 3 dozen bake: 350 for 8-10min
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted & room temp)
1/2 cup molasses
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ground flax seed
3 cups of Spelt Flour OR 1 3/4 cup Buckwheat + 1.5 cup Oat Flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
dash of sea salt
- Mix wet & dry ingredients separate bowls.
- add the wet to dry & combine with a fork or (I recommend) using your hands. they will keep the coconut oil warm for easy mixing & rolling
- roll till approx 1/8 of an inch thick. cut with cookie cutters
- place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. bake for 8-10 min at 350 degrees.
- remove from oven & allow them to cool. decorate if desired!