I love granola! I start to crave it this time of year, I often add it on top of a big smoothie bowl! Perfect when the sun starts shining and the temps warm up! I am a BIG fan of nut butter and always up for something sweet – Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola?! YUM!! But I was craving something light! That is where this recipe was born. Simple ingredients, one bowl and could be allergy (nut free) friendly if you omitted the pecans!
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs coconut oil (melted, room temp)
3 cups oats ( I used 1 cup steel cut, 2 cups quick)
1/4 cup ground flax seed
3 tbs chia seeds
3 tbs hemp hearts
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup nuts and/or seeds of your choice (I used pumpkin seeds & pecans)
pink of sea salt
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour all of the mixture on a pan lined with parchment paper and press flat with the back of the spoon.
- Bake at 300 for 40 min. Pulling the pan out to flip and gently mix the granola every 10 min.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely before touching it!
- Store in an airtight container. I like to store mine in the fridge – Keeps its extra crunchy (because of the coconut oil!)
From my home to yours,