The kids and I got in the kitchen to make some new playdough this week! Not sure if they had more fun making it, or playing with it!! It is a perfect rainy day or winter activity!
I have been using this recipe for years. Only a couple ingredients and lasts FOREVER! I buy and keep No Name flour, salt and oil on hand just for playdough and salt doughs! No need to use anything expensive of fancy.
Food colouring will do, but I highly recommend using Wilton gel colours. The colours are beautiful, bright and it is way easier to achieve desired shades. I also find the colours hold and last longer over time.
Hope you and the kids in your life enjoy it as much as we do!
Simple Homemade Playdough
2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
2 tbs oil
2 tbs cream of tartar
1.5 cups boiling water
Wilton gel colours or food colouring
1. Mix first four ingredients in a medium size bowl
2. Add hot water slowly, continuously stiring.
3. Allow to cool enough to touch. Kneed vigorously for several minutes, until dough is no longer sticky. Keep at it till it’s a perfect consistency. Add tiny bits of flour if needed.
4. Divide into equal amounts. Add Wilton gel colours and continue to kneed until well blended.
5. Store in a airtight container. Ours lasts 9-12 months!
From my home to yours,