most new creations come from my mood…I know – Kristin in the chocolate mood, what else is new?! but I also happened to be in the mood for granola! so I ran with the combo craving, using a very similar ingredient base as the Cinnamon Granola & it turned out perfect!
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tbs coconut oil (melted, room temp)
3 cups oats
3 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 cup ground flax seed
3 tbs chia seeds
3 tbs hemp hearts
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts and/or seeds of your choice (pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, slices almonds, pecans etc)
pinch of sea salt
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add all of the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour all of the mixture on a pan lined with parchment paper and press flat with the back of the spoon.
- Bake at 300 for 40 min. Pulling the pan out to flip and gently mix the granola every 10 min.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool completely before touching it!
- Store in an airtight container. I like to store mine in the fridge – Keeps its extra crunchy (because of the coconut oil!)